Below are the current opportunities available to join the Orpheum Theatre Group team.
You can download an application online here. Applications are only accepted in person between 10am and 3pm Monday through Friday at the Halloran Centre front desk.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to the Orpheum Theatre Group ATTN: Human Resources, 203 S. Main St., Memphis, TN 38103. If you
Vice President of Education
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, energetic educator who wants to create a national model for enlightened arts education in an urban environment. The position requires someone who thinks strategically, is an inspiring educator, a visionary hands-on leader, and a financially savvy planner with a successful track record in the field.
Speaking metaphorically, the strongest candidate will be the one who can create a program in the morning, sell it to a funder in the afternoon, and launch it that evening. In other words, a person who can do it all given the facilities and financial wherewithal to cultivate their vision into a reality.
The primary role of the Vice President of Education is to develop, implement, and sustain programs that engage the community, develop future audiences, deepen performance experiences, and advance the Orpheum’s mission. This position balances fiscal responsibility and the needs of the community to maximize creative and engaging experiences across all education and community programs and ensures the Orpheum provides high quality, low cost, and diverse programs for students and families.
The candidate should be a fast starter with a short learning curve, have the ability to thrive in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment, and be self-motivated to create huge imaginings from inception to completion. It is anticipated that the candidate will possess superior skills in the requirements listed below.
- 5 years of professional experience in arts education
- Bachelor’s degree in a performing arts discipline or education
- Proven track record of successful leadership
- Knowledge of Best Practices and pedagogy
- Demonstrable success in collaborative programming and community building
- Experience in fundraising and marketing for the arts
- 10 years of professional experience in arts education, including 5 years as the senior manager of a department
- Master’s degree in a performing arts discipline or education
- Experience in public speaking, with a polished and articulate presentation style
- Education experience within the context of a major multi-faceted performing arts center
The annual compensation for the position will be highly competitive and depend upon experience, educational background, and qualifications. The Orpheum Theatre Group has a generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.
Those interested in this position may apply by submitting a letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement, a current resume, salary requirements, and a complete list of five or more personal and professional references. Please send all the application materials to:
Trina Williams, Human Resources
The Orpheum Theatre Group
203 S. Main /Post Office Box 3370
Memphis, TN 38103
Voice/Message: (901) 529-4296
E-mail: [email protected] Internet: http://www.orpheum-memphis.com
Please be aware that hiring authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process. Electronic application packages are strongly encouraged.
Orpheum Theatre Patron Services Representative
Salary Range: starting $9.50, incremental raises based on performance and tenure
The Orpheum Theatre is seeking enthusiastic individuals for Patron Services positions in our box office department.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Professionally represent the Orpheum Theatre by offering superior, individualized guest services.
- Conduct timely and accurate over-the-counter and phone, season and single ticket sales transactions, exchanges, etc.
- Continually learn current and/or new systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate and detailed information regarding all Orpheum events and facilities via face-to-face, telephone and email communication.
- Follow proper daily procedures regarding cash control, and ticket sales reconciliation .
- Resolve guest complaints by determining the cause of the problem and offering a swift and positive resolution.
- Effectively function as a member of the Patron Services team.
- Assist with box office projects as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have strong, proven customer service skills and ability to efficiently and accurately handle cash transactions in a fast-paced environment. She/he will maintain a positive public and professional appearance at all times. Possess strong computer skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. We require everyone to be courteous, prompt, and reliable and must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
If interested in becoming a member of our team and working in an exciting and unique entertainment venue, please apply at our administrative office located at 203 S Main St. Memphis, TN 38103, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.